What are IP6 and Inositol?
Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate and antioxidant found in high fiber foods such as legumes, wheat bran/germ, whole kernel corn, brown rice and soy. IP6, also present in small amounts in mammalian cells, plays an important role in regulating vital cellular functions.
Inositol is a nutrient with moderate anti cancer properties. The anti cancer effect of IP6 is enhanced with the addition of inositol.
IP6 & Inositol for Cancer Prevention and Therapy in Dogs
Numerous studies have shown the great potential of IP6 inositol in preventing and treating cancer. Here are the different mechanisms involved in the anticancer activity of IP6 & inositol:
Anti cancer action of IP6 & Inositol
- Reduce cell proliferation
- Induce differentiation of malignant cells
- Enhanced immunity and antioxidant properties promote destruction of tumor cells
- Reduce tumor size and number
- Control cancer metastases (spread)
Benefits of IP6 as an anticancer agent
- Enhance anticancer effect an reduce side effects of chemotherapy, thereby improving quality of life.
- A natural compound with almost no toxicity even with prolonged use at high doses.
- Target malignant cells only, normal cells and tissues unaffected.
- Interrrupt several main pathways of malignancy, ie. reduce cell proliferation, induce differentiation or apoptosis of malignant cells, inhibit metastases and angiogenesis (formation of new blood vessels that support tumor growth).